Job Profile Summary
The Clinical Dietician will support the implementation of standards and service within the business facility covering all services within their jurisdiction. This includes guidance, advice, support, post-incident reviews, audit management, ensuring patients are provided with high-quality clinical dietetic services and menus that meet their requirements.
This is an active role requiring excellent teamwork and relationship management skills.
THINGS YOU ARE GREAT AT:
• Performing nutritional assessments, developing patient-focused nutritional plans, delivering
health education and counselling.
• Monitoring food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional safety, sanitation & quality standards
• Completing documentation for each patient encounter.
• Participating in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment,
education and health promotion programs and services.
• Working with and supporting providers in identifying and resolving issues affecting patient’s food
habits and nutritional well-being;
• Working with catering teams in relation to allergies and special dietary requirements
• Developing policies for food service or nutritional programs promoting health and disease control.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Results & Quality Orientation
Communicative; Oral and Written
Teamwork & Collaboration
Prioritizing, Planning & Organizing
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Problem Solving, Judgement & Decision Making
Meticulous; Attention to Detail
Knowledge and Applied Skills
• A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Nutrition & Health, Dietetics and/or Food Service Administration
• Registered Dietician (Canadian College of Dieticians)
• Proven Knowledge of advanced food service systems, specifically out-sourcing, cold plating, rethermalization technology.
• Previous experience as a team administrator and knowledge of the working of a large multi-disciplinary / multi-location department
• Previous experience in supporting a business contract and providing support to a professional function